An attorney for pro-life journalist David Daleiden slammed Vice President Kamala Harris for “egregious abuse” of her power when she colluded with pro-abortion groups to punish Daleiden for exposing Planned Parenthood’s aborted baby body parts trade.
Harris, as attorney general of California, raided Daleiden’s home after the Center for Medical Progress released videos showing Planned Parenthood allegedly selling aborted baby body parts. Her raid resulted in criminal charges against Daleiden that could send him to jail.
Now, Fox News reports new evidence suggests Harris and the California Attorney General’s Office worked together with Planned Parenthood and the National Abortion Federation to punish Daleiden for his groundbreaking exposé.
“This case is the most egregious abuse of prosecutorial power that I have ever seen and I was a trial and appellate lawyer in the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office for  years,” attorney Brent Ferreira told Fox News.
Daleiden’s attorneys pointed to recent statements and court documents in multiple cases against Daleiden that suggest Harris and the AG’s Office abused their power as a political favor to their allies.
Keep up with the latest pro-life news and information on Twitter. Follow @LifeNewsHQ
Here’s more from the report:
Daleiden’s attorneys argue that one of Harris’ appointees, Deputy Attorney General Johnette Jauron, effectively admitted in May 2021 that she abused the powers of her office by giving the National Abortion Federation (NAF) that footage and other materials seized during a raid in 2016 from Daleiden’s apartment as part of Harris’ criminal investigation. By that time, NAF was embroiled in a civil suit against Daleiden. …
In August, Daleiden followed by asking San Francisco’s superior court to compel the AG’s office to provide correspondence with NAF, Planned Parenthood and others. The AG’s office replied by accusing Daleiden of taking Jauron’s words out of context.
However, Daleiden’s attorneys said there is more evidence to support their collusion claims, including billing records from the National Abortion Federation.
According to the report, one record shows an attorney’s bill of $262.50 for “coordinate review of new videos” on April 6, 2016 – the day after Harris’s office ordered a raid on Daleiden’s home and took his video footage.
Other documents show that Harris had Daleiden’s home raided just a few weeks after holding a meeting with Planned Parenthood executives. Fox News reported more: “Billing records show that on the day of that meeting, NAF attorney Derek Foran and the AG’s office had a conference call in which they discussed ‘legal research regarding’ a redacted subject.”
Planned Parenthood also donated money to Harris’s U.S. Senate campaign at the time and previously had donated to her campaign for attorney general.
Last year, Daleiden filed a lawsuit against Harris, HHS Secretary Xavier Becerra, the California Attorney General’s Office, Planned Parenthood and others for allegedly violating his First Amendment rights.
“Planned Parenthood, NAF, and the California Attorney General beginning with Kamala Harris colluded to silence my reporting on illegal fetus trafficking and to obstruct justice in ongoing investigations of their practices,” Daleiden told Fox News.
He said a California Superior Court recently ordered the AG’s office to produce more testimony in response to the collusion allegations.
“No matter how hard Planned Parenthood, Kamala Harris, and their associates have tried, the truth can no longer be buried,” he said.
Daleiden still is facing criminal charges for his undercover investigation of Planned Parenthood. He is accused of breaking a state video recording law, which his attorneys said has never been used to prosecute any other undercover journalist in the state.
The Center for Medical Progress investigation did a lot of damage to the abortion industry when it revealed Planned Parenthood’s baby body parts operation. Not only did the undercover investigation raise concerns about potentially illegal sales of human body parts, but it also uncovered evidence of abortionists allegedly putting women’s lives at risk by altering abortion procedures to better harvest aborted baby parts. The investigators also found evidence of possible patient privacy violations.
These findings prompted investigations by the U.S. House and Senate, as well as a number of states. The House and Senate investigations both recommended that the Department of Justice investigate Planned Parenthood after finding strong evidence that the abortion chain broke the law. The Department of Justice began investigating under President Donald Trump.
Two of Planned Parenthood’s business partners in Orange County, California also admitted to selling aborted baby body parts in a $7.8 million settlement with the county district attorney’s office.
However, Planned Parenthood and NAF repeatedly have denied all allegations of wrong-doing, and many news outlets now parrot their claim that the undercover videos were deceptively edited. An independent forensics investigation verified that the videos were authentic.
Some undercover videos show how Planned Parenthood employees callously and flippantly negotiated the price of tiny baby hearts, lungs, livers and brains. Other evidence indicates the abortion giant may have broken HIPAA patient privacy laws.
The expose videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all 14:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies. The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- The 12th video in the series shows new footage of Jennefer Russo, medical director at Planned Parenthood in Orange County, California, describing to undercover investigators how her abortion business tries to harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies for a local for-profit biotech company and changes the abortion procedure to do so.
- The 13th video: exposes a Planned Parenthood medical director admitting that babies born alive after abortion are sometimes killed.
- The 14th video: catches Planned Parenthood executives discussing gruesome abortion procedures and the sale of body parts from aborted babies for profit.
Author: Micaiah Bilger