A 101-year-old Italian man has been released from the hospital after recovering from COVID-19, according to a CNN report.
The man was admitted to a hospital in northeastern Italy last week after testing positive for the virus and left the hospital on Thursday, according to Gloria Lisi, the deputy mayor of Rimini, Italy.
Lisi said the recovery of the man, only known as “Mr. P,” is “truly extraordinary” and provided “hope for the future.”
Mr. P was born in 1919 amid the Spanish flu outbreak, where an estimated 30 million to 50 million people died due to the illness.
“The family brought [Mr. P.] home yesterday evening,” Lisi said, affirming that his story teaches that “even at 101 years the future is not written.”
The city of Rimini documented 1,189 new cases of COVID-19 on Thursday as the country surpassed 8,000 coronavirus related deaths.
Author: Kaelan Deese
Source: The Hill: 101-year-old Italian man recovers from coronavirus