The Democrat’s presumptive nominee Joe Biden named his former primary opponent Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) as his running mate Tuesday, despite her notoriously poor performance in the 2020 primaries.
The California Democrat launched her presidential campaign in January 2019 with great fanfare. But despite the fawning media coverage hailing her as the “frontrunner” and the “candidate to beat,” Harris’ campaign crashed and burned two months before a single vote was cast.
The following 15 Democrat candidates all lasted longer than Harris.
1. Joe Biden, still going strong in his basement
2. Sen. Bernie Sanders (D-VT), exited the race on April 8, 2020
3. Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI), exited the race on March 19, 2020
4. Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), exited the race on March 5, 2020
5. Former New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg, exited the race on March 4, 2020
6. Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN), exited the race on March 2, 2020
7. Former South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg, exited the race on March 1, 2020
8. Hedge Fund Billionaire Tom Steyer, exited the race on February 29, 2020
9. Former Gov. Deval Patrick (D-MA), exited the race on February 12, 2020
10. Sen. Michael Bennet (D-CO), exited the race on February 11, 2020
Author: Rebecca Mansour
Source: Breitbart: 15 Democrats Who Lasted Longer Than Kamala Harris in the Primary